13 December 2013

FitDog Friday #16 - It's the Holiday Season

Last week, I took Mr. N to Winter Wonderland to see the Christmas lights. They decorate the raceway with lights and normally it's a drive through event. They have specific days where you can ride your bike or walk with your dogs.

It was a little chilly and I was a little worried that Mr. N was underdressed for the weather. Once we started walking, he was fine though. One of the volunteers half shoved a Milkbone into his mouth as we picked up a goodie bag but luckily he refused to eat it.

It was a little overwhelming for him with all the other dogs around and kids running about and screaming (we went early and there were a lot of families). I ended up carrying him for part of the way. It was fun though. The lights aren't spectacular (I do admit to having high standards in this regard) but a lot of the novelty lies in being able to walk around with your dog(s) and admire the various decorations. I was particular to the twelve days of Christmas ones but it did mean a lot of people walking around singing the song off-key!


We spent a few days in Seattle (minus the dogs) to spend some time with relatives. I would have liked to bring Mr. N but multiple toddlers is enough chaos already without adding him to the mix. We met up with Cascadian Nomads and her trio of dogs in West Seattle and strolled around the neighborhood. I spotted an ornament that looked like Mr. N in a little boutique. I was tempted but resisted.


Meanwhile, in Portland, the dogs were experiencing the first snow. Mr. N has played with snow before when we went to visit relatives. I'm not sure about Onyxx's snow experience but I didn't think he would like it. He doesn't like the cold or wet at all. And I was right.


Our pet sitter sent this photo to me in a text saying, "This is when we first walked out. Mr. N's like "what's all this?" and Onyxx is like, "I think I want to go back inside."


How are you celebrating the holiday season with your dogs?

8 comments:

  1. Interested to know why you wrote: "shoved a Milkbone into his mouth as we picked up a goodie bag but luckily he refused to eat it." Why was it lucky he refused to eat it?

    -Slimdoggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because Mr. N has a chicken allergy and Milkbones have horrible ingredients and I don't want him eating one. He gets offered them quite often though...

      Delete
  2. They do look a little unsure about the snow. I bet that would be fun walking with the dogs to see the lights, that's a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys are having fun. Happy FitDoggin' Friday & enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too! I think we have more snow activities planned that the dogs unfortunately can't join in on.

      Delete
  4. Those look like fun activities! We have some big light displays around here but I don't think they allow dogs.
    What fun that you got to meet up and hang out with the Nomads!
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun and her dogs are darling. I'm sad Mr. N didn't get to meet them though.

      Delete

My Five Favorite Positive Training Tools for Dogs

Tools are an essential part of life and dog training especially when your dog has figured out how to use items as tools. These are some of m...