05 December 2014

FitDog Friday #56 - Tryon Creek State Park

We had been meaning to visit Tryon Creek State Park which holds the distinction of being Oregon's only state park within a major metropolitan area for quite a while. We finally visited a few days ago. The parking lot was full but we barely ran into anyone on our hike. Despite the map, we made a few bad turns so we just meandered. 

Mr. N enjoyed being the tallest in the group and getting a squirrel's eye view. 


We didn't actually see any squirrels but there were a few places that the dogs sniffed intently.


The trails are mostly flat so it wasn't particularly strenuous. Sage desperately wanted to jump into the creek but it's forbidden to protect the steelhead trout. So we told her to climb a tree instead. Mr. N made it up halfway and then I had to give him a boost. 


He was not impressed with the lack of squirrels. 


The park is known for trilliums so we're planning on going back in the spring when they bloom. 

14 comments:

  1. What, no swimming, that is a major bummer. Looks like a nice place, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun hike, I love having lots of stuff to climb on...good exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tree climbing is fun. I wish I could get better at it. I want to go up and see the birds at the top. Mom says the word, "Don't you dare."

    Love and licks,
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tree climbing pictures, especially the one of Mr. N up so high! I would be nervous if Barley were up that high!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tree climb looks totally fun. I'm sure I would have needed the boost as well! *wags*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tree climbing looks like loads of fun. Harley hasn't done any of that yet, you've given us a great idea! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Tryon Creek State Park!! I'm never able to get very good pictures there but I like going anyways! It's supposedly haunted, too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like a lovely place for a nice, relaxing walk! We have trilliums here in NH too and I love to go looking for them in the spring.
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete

My Five Favorite Positive Training Tools for Dogs

Tools are an essential part of life and dog training especially when your dog has figured out how to use items as tools. These are some of m...