10 December 2015

The Four Gifts for Pets Blog Hop: Want, Need, Wear and Eat

Something they want
Something they need
Something to wear
Something to read





Seems like a sensible way to buy presents to me. This was meant as an approach for buying children's gifts. Kol's Notes suggested taking this view towards our pets' gifts. I swapped out "read" for "eat" as Mr. N hasn't quite mastered reading English yet despite his frequent attempts to steal the laptop and type out messages. 

Something They Want:

Mr. N always approves of anything that might mean more walks. This biothane leash from Palomine Lines would be a lot easier to keep clean than our normal leashes after our rainy muddy walks. Easy to spot in the grass too.
Credit: Palomine Lines
Something They Need:

We use the Sleepypod Air for Mr. N in the car and for air travel because they are well-designed and passed crash testing by an independent party. Ours was stolen but Sleepypod kindly sent us a replacement. It's funny because that was his Christmas present last year and he's getting it for Christmas again this year. It makes an excellent bed too. If we can't find Mr. N, he's lodged in the back of the Sleepypod napping.
Credit: Sleepypod
Something To Wear:

Mr. N practically lives in his Goldpaw fleeces come winter. They come in a variety of different colors, patterns and sizes and are super soft and washable. Mr. N gives them his paw of approval (previous review).

Credit:Goldpaw


Something to Eat: 

Mr. N might master a handstand if I use the treats from the Best Bully Sticks Trick then Treat Box! The box features beef bonbons, pork jerky, beef liver jerky and lamb bites.
Beef Bonbons. Credit: Best Bully Sticks
What's on your pet's holiday list this year?

28 comments:

  1. This is such an awesome list! The sleepy pod carrier looks amazing! I wish I could shrink my dogs and stuff them in there! LOL! That was so nice of Sleepy Pod to replace the one that was stolen! What an amazing brand!

    This year the girls just treats and chews. Phoenix has also requested some new toys! We'll see! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was awesome of them! I'm not sure if the girls would appreciate being shrinked lol.

      Delete
  2. Great list! SleepyPod rules - we lub it! We've never heard of da Best Bully Stick Trick Then Treat - sounds tasty, we'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are 4 distinctive gifts... and every dog needs all categories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I think I should look into some of these too!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Ellen's guidelines and how you have made it work for dogs! Those seem like great choices. We have a solid Gold Paw fleece for Nelly, but I want to get her a plaid one now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shiner agrees - every doggy needs something GOOD to eat! Those beef bon bons sounds tasty. Shiner would love to have her usual plush stuffy to de-fluff this year. She loves it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Mr. N is very good about not killing toys so I have to donate some every once in a while. He gave Sage a toy to de-stuff for her birthday.

      Delete
  7. Great list! I will definitely look into some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! We are so glad for you that Mr. N got a new Sleepypod!
    Wet leashes are the worst, aren't they? I always have to try and hang ours out in the sun after walks. Even if it's not raining, if it's early morning the ground is wet, plus they always want to get into any water they see on a walk!
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just chalk it up as a lost cause and they go in the washer.

      Delete
  9. I love your list. I want to try the Sleepypod- I hope Kilo will fit. They seem like a great company and we are planning some road trips. I am so glad they replaced yours. I also like the look of those fleeces. Kilo hates wearing jackets but maybe a fleece would at least keep him a bit warmer in cold winds. Kilo also tries to type but LOVES to eat so good call there LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How big is Kilo? Mr. N is six pounds and he fits very comfortably but I know Kilo is bigger. I love their fleeces and they make double fleeces too.

      Delete
  10. Okay, I am really impressed. How in the world do you get so many comments? Would love to do some networking with you. Our business is Animal/Human Connection and our blog is www.deathofmypet.com/blog/ We offer full support and resources for those at the "Rainbow Bridge."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy. Want to send me an email and we can chat there? It's on our contact page.

      Delete
  11. These are pretty cool gifts. Mom looked at the jacket for me. We like the plaid one! Mom wrapped one of my gifts today. I know because I heard it squeak!

    Love and licks,
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. N has the red plaid one. It's really cute and Christmas-y!

      Delete
  12. Great gifts to consider! Chuleta is difficult to buy for, these days, being as she is an old lady and doesn't do much. I think a new car seat is on her list, though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great ideas! I don't know if the SleepyPod comes in a size for Pierre but it sure would be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great list. Tim and Hank are probably too big for a sleepy pod, but if Tim would fit in one, he would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What great gift ideas! Rudy and Rosie want some of those eats!

    ReplyDelete

My Five Favorite Positive Training Tools for Dogs

Tools are an essential part of life and dog training especially when your dog has figured out how to use items as tools. These are some of m...